Re: not Foucault and kosovo

Sam notes

>is the fact that Foucault's name has entirely dropped out of a dialogue on>
>Kosovo ? on a Foucault list, no less ? some indication of the relevance of
>his>work to the analysis of international matters?

Good question. Somebody did raise an interesting question recently (which
no-one answered) about Foucault in relation to all encompassing versus piece
meal actions/explanations. Personally I think that there are quite a few of
Foucault's ideas which could be applied very readily to the Kosovo situation
and also to the debate around it. If I had the time I would make a few
suggestions -it would certainly be more interesting to see a few of
Foucault's ideas applied productively and moving things forward rather than
boring moral and political slanging matches.Even a discussion of why
Foucault's ideas can't be applied to the situation would be interesting.

There's a lot of stuff on power-knowledge, limits of tolerance of the
application of power, governmentality etc which would be highly relevant.
Any takers??? If Foucault were alive I'm sure he would be out there himself
with quite a few ideas on Kosovo.

Clare