Re: Alternative?

I'm no expert, but to my understanding of my reading of Foucault, to
question the status quo, to propose an other (excuse me, j. derrida) would
be to submit to the "power".

>...I notice that Foucault has come under some fairly
> intense criticism, from Habermas, Nancy Hartsock, and others, for failing
> propose any alternative to the status quo. Habermas even labelled him a
> "young conservative." While I think those criticisms have some value...

to examine the entity and all it's aspects (hopefully without judging
(during the examination anyway)) of an "institution" of "power"

to bring in a little derrida again, the foucault that I have created from my
reading (still very incomplete) of foucault about foucault carries the pomo
mythos to it's romantic root: individual confronts being

this was the light he showed me working my way through his density

rik