Re: Structural Marxism

In a message dated 09/16/1999 8:59:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
joe.cronin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Was Foucault a structural Marxist? I agrue that he was.
> I completed a dissertation on a structural Marxist reading of Foucault's
> work,
> and I am in the process of preparing it for publication. Is anyone out
> there
> interested in discussing the Bachelard-Canguilhem- Althusserian influence
on
> Foucualt? in discussing the manner in which Foucault adopts some
> Nietzschean
> appoaches? in discussing particular texts, especially MC, OT, AK, DP,
K/P,
> or
> HS v.1?

I thought that Foucault rejected the possibility of meaningfulness, or of a
meaningful
life. Foucault critiqued Bataille in MC as an attempt to recover meaningful
life.
Wouldn't this theme oppose a structural Marxist perspective.

Fred Welfare