Re: Historians

I imagine that folks interested in relationships between historians and
Foucault are probably interested in the early and middle Foucault--but
historians like Paul Veyne, Pierre Hadot, Georges Dumezil, and Pierre Nora
(well, I'm not sure if the latter three were historians by discipline, but
they all "did history" in some sense, I guess) perhaps deserve a mention
in relation to the later Foucault--you could find more names in the
bibliographies in HS 2 & 3.

Also, though I don't know much about this, I've heard that the whole "new
historicist" school of literary criticism is supposed to have been
inspired, to some extent, by Foucault, somehow or other.

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
"Whatever we have words for, that we have already got beyond.
In all talk there is a grain of contempt."