From: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Clare
O'Farrell
Sent: 29 January 2000 07:21
To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Foucault and Dewey

Richard Rorty has done some work comparing Foucault and Dewey which may be
of interest to you. Anybody out there know specific titles of Rorty's work
in this regard? There is a chapter, I think, in a book translated from
French called Michel Foucault. philosopher, a collection of articles from a
conference in Paris in 1988.

Clare

>re-reading Foucault's work on ethics (His of Sex 2, 3) I was stuck by
>some similar themes to the great American wind bag John Dewey.

Clare O'Farrell
email:c.ofarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
web page: http://www.qut.edu.au/edu/cpol/foucault/