Re: F on discourse

Once one theorizes a volitional subject, over against a subject that
presents itself as an effect, or fixation, hasn?t one set up conditions of
discursive order that fail to capture some of the chaos? I think that
intrapersonal chaos, at times, allows one to exceed a given state of order,
to think new thoughts. John Dewey said as much when he wrote about the
uncertainty, and adventure, of reflective thinking. Perhaps it?s the
capacity to problemetize and strategize anew, that is closest to "agency" in
Fouault's writings.
(Consequently, "identity politics" can be evaluated along these lines.
Rather than offering a theory, or answer, to questions about agency, it is
more interesting to look at the concrete problems and stategies involved).