Re: Re(2): Mass media in a Foucauldian perspective?

At 11:09 AM 6/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>Nice quote, Ross. Can I ask where it's from ?
>
>Tansy
>

>>"Power is tolerable only on condition that it mask a substantial part of
>>itself. Its success is proportional to its abiliity to hide its own
>>machanisms". Michel Foucault
>>
>>]Cheers
>>Ross
>

>Tansy Hardy
>
>T.Hardy@xxxxxxxxx 0114 225 2538 'lucidity destroys one's
>equilibrium'
>Tansy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Georges Bataille
>
>From Ross

Unfortunately I cannot as it is the central quote on the home page for
studies on Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy for MacQuarie
University, Sydney, Australia and it does not say there. I have made
enquiries there at the appropriate email address, <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
As soon as I get a reply I will share it with the rest of the list.

Cheers

Ross