Re: foucault/cultural unconscious?

I'm pretty sure it's in the introduction to the Order of Things -- I don't
have my copy of it with me, so I can't give you the exact quote -- but he
says that was the first risk that he took. what he meant, as I understood
it, was that there is an order outside the structure of conscious thought, a
scaffolding that he describes in the book. one example would be the way in
which logic is constructed, such as finding it's validity early on in
similitude, then in difference, and later in function. sorry I can't be more
exact...

joe brennan....

In a message dated 07/20/2000 10:00:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,