Re: Reading Against Yourself (Was: Re: Lynne Cheney's views on

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Asher Haig wrote:

> Claiming that you don't engage in Ad Hominem attacks and then accusing
> others of being psuedo-intellectuals is _exactly_ how people like Lynn
> Cheney and Martha Nussbaum etc. are able to maintain a captive audience of
> people who find themselves surrounded by modernity.

Just wondering, since I'm currently reading and (mostly) enjoying
Nussbaum's _The Therapy of Desire_: what has she done to merit mention in
the same breath as Cheney?

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
"It was in the barbarous, gothic times when words had a meaning;
in those days, writers expressed thoughts."