Re: Deleuze and Foucault

--============_-1236516357==_ma============

Actually, unless I'm very wrong, what you're looking for is a piece
by Deleuze called "Desire and Pleasure," which is in Arnold I
Davidson, Ed., "Foucault and his Interlocutors."

It's a set of notes Deleuze had taken on Foucault that he published
in france at the behest of Francois Ewald. Therein, Deleuze kind of
works out his objections to F's use of the world pleasure and F's
objections to his use of the world Desire. So I think this is what
you have in mind. That's what I know, except that its a very
interesting piece and should be read.

Ed Kazarian

>Someone mentioned on this list (I think) that Foucault said
>something about resisting Deleuze's use of the word "desire" and
>preferring instead "pleasure." First, does anyone remember this
>comment? and second, can anyone give me a reference/context for it?
>
>Thanks,

edward p. kazarian
Ph.D. Candidate and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy
Villanova University
edward.kazarian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
--============_-1236516357==_ma============

Actually, unless I'm very wrong, what you're looking for is a piece by
Deleuze called "Desire and Pleasure," which is in Arnold I Davidson,
Ed., "Foucault and his Interlocutors." =20

It's a set of notes Deleuze had taken on Foucault that he published in
france at the behest of Francois Ewald. Therein, Deleuze kind of works
out his objections to F's use of the world pleasure and F's objections
to his use of the world Desire. So I think this is what you have in
mind. That's what I know, except that its a very interesting piece and
should be read. =20

Ed Kazarian

this list (I think) that Foucault said something about resisting
Deleuze's use of the word "desire" and preferring instead "pleasure."=20
=46irst, does anyone remember this comment? and second, can anyone give
me a reference/context for it?

=20

Thanks,

smaller></fontfamily>