Re: Intellectual Specificity and Inner Fascism

--part1_d1.846d53.278012bd_boundary

In a message dated 12/30/00 3:55:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
djdelany@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> My problem is this, the fundamental premise on which my research thesis
> rests is the assumption that certainties, as objective truths, have created
> dogmatic discourses as "realities", that has resulted in a set of
> particular public policies that have missed, become iatrogenic, or have
> become just downright brutal and destructive to those who have been
> subjected to them. It seems that I am expected to utilise an "accepted"
> objectified theoretical framework, as "the" tool of analysis and

Objectivity has long been ridiculed by Critical Theory. Current critical
theory expects that any valid perspective on social plicy integrates the
objective, the subjective, and the social perspectives. The dominant
critical theorist today is Habermas. I wold recommend that you check this
out. The critical term is validity, not objectivity!

Vunch

--part1_d1.846d53.278012bd_boundary