Bio-Power and Ethics

I am a High school debater who is running a Foucauldian critique for
this year's topic of privacy. I also generally find Foucault's work
intriguing personally. I have read a primer on Foucault as well
as some stuff on the internet, but I am still confused on a few key
concepts.

First, what exactly is Bio-Power and where can I read about it. I
think I have gathered that it is generally the medical categorization
of life or perhaps just valuing life. Furthermore we have evidence
from a man named Bernauer talking about how Bio-Power creates the
possibility for the annihilation of the human race. I would like to
know why that is.

Second, what are Foucault's ethics and where did he formulate his thesis
on them? I know that he generally thought that we should examine
ourselves and create ourselves like a work of art. But what exactly,
if anything, is the art we are trying to make ourselves into? Is it an
objective standard, a relativistic standard based on individual nature,
or perhaps a mixture of the two?

Anyone who answers this message is my personal savior. We have a
tournament coming up in two weeks and if we don't know what we are
talking about we will be in trouble.