RE: Power and the Subject

I think that free will must exist, especially in the power "...as a
strategy..."
concept. The fact that it is a strategy, implys that there must be someone
use it. If all my actions are predetermined as Nietzche proposes there is
no
employment of the strategy; for if I am going to do what I am going to do
and
there is no way to change it, how can I use this "knowlage". Voluntarism

(I'm not sure I completely understand what it is, but my dictionary of
philosophy says it is "...various theories in which the will is a centeral
concept...")

is the only way in which one can theorize about the world for this reason:
If
my actions are determined and I am thinking in this manner, then I am being
forced to think in this manner. If, however, I do have a free will, then I
am engaging in a constructive threorization. Thus I wager (as did Pascal to
the existence of God) to accept my own autonomy.

I hope I got the idea across, I kind of confused myself.

Another question I had is: if theories contain but don't describe the
phenomina
they seek to explain (an Idea I do agree with), how can Foucault claim the
God-
like power to discover the rules of power, even in individual geneologies?

I am also not satisfied with your response to the problem of self
construction.
Even if freedom is simply freedom from domination, if my will is still
determined
by power, how am I creating myself? I am not, I am being created.

I am not sure I understood your explaination of F's theory of freedom,
please
elaborate.

I'm still trying to figure out my philosophical stance. And please excuse me
if
I misunderstood any of your arguments, I'm still 16.

I am interested in becomming a professor of philosophy and I am wondering
what
kinds of things you would suggest to do, what classes to take, what are good
Colleges to attend, etc.

Thank you very much for the email, Bryan.