Re: Is Juan Cruz a Homosexual himself? - homophobia

>I'm trying to determine what logical disease affects kirk728@hotmail that
>would persuade him that what he writes below is somehow pertinent.

My doctor says its syphilis, but I'm not convinced.

>one might
>just as well argue that a murderer has as much moral standing as his
>victim.

Not true. My point is that hatred, in whatever form is wrong. I'm not
saying homosexuals, or in your analogy the victim, is guilty. They are
the only innocent ones. But if someone else comes along and murders
the murderer, they have the same moral status.

>myself, I don't hate homophobes, I just don't have much to say to them.
>I do
>exclude them from my normal going about things, just as I exclude racists,
>bigots and right-wing whackos.

When you exclude a homophobe, its the same as excluding a homosexual.
You are excluding someone.

>kirk728@hotmail is certainly free to exclude
>me from his various circles, and denounce me in whatever venue he has
>access
>to. to be honest, I feel blessed when I am so excluded.

I don't know if you are saying I'm a homophobe, but if you are, I'm not.
I don't exclude you because to do so would be to do myself and you an
injustice. I think I should consider everyone's point of view before
I come to a conclusion. Not considering the point is just being too
cowardly to consider ideas outside your preconcieve ideas.

>it's hard to
>believe that anyone who has spent anytime with Foucault's work would think
>that in ethical or moral situations one need only reverse the + or - sign
>find equal value.

Just because I consider F doesn't mean I conform to his ideas. And I
don't think that evil and good are the same thing. I am saying that
evil is inherent in all hate.

Remember,

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
Yoda ;)