Re: enough

>I love this discussion on Foucault and Kant, but I agree with Matthew
>King's
>suggestion that this other nonsense be carried out privately.

Again, as I said earlier, I think that this is pertinent. I said that
if most people want to switch topics, just email me and I'll stop
writing about Kant. However, most of the email I have been getting
is supportive of this inquiry. If most people don't like it then email
me. I have other questions as well, but this is a pertinent topic.

>Apparently Bryan is presumptuous enough to think that it is his job to
>moderate the list, even though, as Chris Jones points out, he doesn't
>appear
>to have read any of Foucault's work in any detail.

This really pisses me off. Me and Nathan have been having a private
dispute and he is just carrying a private beef into the forum. I don't
presume to be a moderator. The only time I even remotely assumed that
stance is when the forum had degenerated into name-calling about
being homophobic. We are here to learn (something Nathan appearantly
doesn't get) and I figured that someone should say something. I have
admitted repeatedly that I don't know as much about F as others on the
list. THATS WHY I'M HERE!!!!! Like I said before. If your dying of
thirst and you find water, you drink it you don't worship it, Nathan
doesn't understand this either! If I only listen and don't challenge,
everyone is just reciting and no one is learning anything new.

>I don't want to silence anyone. But this list can only survive if we don't
>have people post 10 e-mails of nonsense per day, and this is something that
>Bryan clearly either doesn't recognize or has too much pride to respect.

Everyone I've talked with seems to think its a good thing that there
have been more conversations. Again Nathan reveals his revulsion at the
mere thought of being challenged and having to learn.

>Let's stop making people want to unsubscribe.

There has been one person ask about that the entire time I've been on
the list, and I did a search. That guy had never posted before! He
just wasn't interested, I make him want to unsubscribe. If anything
is going to make someone unsubscribe, its YOU. You and your stupid
pretentious, chastizing, worthless emails.

>Bryan, watching you appeals to
>a certain internalized ageism that I have never been able to shake.
>Don't
>bring out the bigot in me.

I can't help it if your a bigot. If your not here to learn then
god it go somewhere else! I don't know what the hell your problem is
that you had to bring a private matter like your fear of learning out
into the forum. Just make an argument or SHUT THE HELL UP!

I'm sorry to all you who had to read this but Nathan has been pissing
me off alot lately and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
He brought it here, where it didn't belong, not me. I'll write back
to the thinking individuals on this list tomorrow, I'm to pissed to
think coherently right now. Again, if alot of you don't want to talk
about Kant, that's fine! We'll talk about something else. Thanks to
all the people out there who want to learn. Especially Yves, Mr. Elden,
Asher Haig, sj, and Dave Chapell. Your arguments keep me on the list
in spite of Nathan's bitching.

Sorry for the rant.