Re: education

There is a Foucault section in the American Educational Research
Association and it has a preconference seminar last year and this year
(in April). YOu can find a lot of the names of people who draw on
Foucault in their writing in the conference list - they are from,
amogn other places, the EU, Australia, and the U.S.

>>> beniro@xxxxxxx 02/22/01 04:34 AM >>>
dear paul,

there is a study available about rituals in pedagogic institutions,
written in german:

'tanz nicht aus der reihe'

it starts with a close view on the tradition of lining up in pairs,
discussing the development of ritualized behaviour in the education
system according to the development in society in general;
you can get it via

ANARES Buchversand Bremen,
Tel. 0049-179-4344411
or try the e-mail:
anares-nord@xxxxxx

a translation of the study is planned but not finished yet,

another great reference to the foucault-perspective in education is
made
in klaus holzkamp's 'Lernen', a book about the psychology of learning;
holzkamp is the founder of critical-psychology in germany;
the book is publisehd by Campus-Verlag, Frankfurt/NewYork (until last
year unfortunately not in english, I don't know whether they have
translated it now ...);

if you like to find out more about the critical-psychology/holzkamp,
have a look on the web-pages:
www.kritische-psychologie.de
www.uis.edu/~radpsy/

all the best