Re: Re: escaping the private...

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Nathan Goralnik wrote:

> Why don't we treat liberal humanism like a toolbox? I think we'll find a lot
> of really useful tools inside.

Foucault said as much himself once, when he was asked what he thought
about rights claims as political tactics. (I could dig up the reference if
it's *really* important; as I recall, it's a bit obscure, in a footnote
somewhere--but maybe someone else has it ready to hand.)

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
"It was in the barbarous, gothic times when words had a meaning;
in those days, writers expressed thoughts."