Re: Taylor, Sartre, and sexuality

This also bears on posts re. social/natural sciences:
Due to technological advances which make sex unnecessary for reproduction,
any arguments regarding sexual orientation and the continuation/extinction
of humanity are rendered irrelevant. And this is where I think social
sciences as well as philosophy must consider "natural" or "hard" sciences,
in terms of how science and scientific understanding do in fact materially
shape not only human experiences but also, to a certain extent, our
understandings of humanity itself. This leadds me to wonder how the
relevance, value, and implications of various older theories shift as
science and technology shift, particularly for those theorists who are dead
and therefore unable to reevaluate their arguments in light of new
information/technology.