Re: Taylor, Sartre, and sexuality

Go for it Larry!

> To have genetics simply abolish the issues surrounding the social
> construction of gender and sexuality would require resolving the debates
> concerning the social constructedness of "science." The idea that any
> special science can draw special authority from a fiction like
"scientific
> method" is a debatable product from the high tide of logical positivism.

Science is the spirit of our age , it does not claim to be spirit but
instead "fact" and "truth". But if our understanding of the biological
body is a fiction, or cultural truth, or sets of values and knowledges
positing and proclaiming
truth claims, which are really fictions. As one brought but to believe in
the en lightenment, i am always taken back by this revelation

Jeremiah
http://www.peak057.com/yourselfdown/