Re: Genealogies of Difference

Nathan,

This sounds like interesting work, but I wonder if you could perhaps explain
a couple of points regarding the abstract you sent to the list:

1. You say that you are outlining an ontology of difference. What exactly do
you mean by that and how would you situate yourself with respect to the
major ontologies of difference of the 19th/20th century (I am thinking of
Nietzsche, of Heidegger, of Deleuze and of Derrida just to mention the major
names).

2. How do you conceptualise the relationship between ontology and genealogy?
These are both big terms which are being thrown around all the time today
and I wonder to what extent they are compatible.

3. Aristotle, Augustine, Gnosticism, Duns Scotus, Epicureanism, Foucault,
Deleuze. That's a big project. Have you written a history of philosophy?
What is the connection between these very different strands of thought?

Yves.