la condition de possibilite

I am working as a research assistant for Clifford Shearing at RegNet,
Research School of Social Sciences at the Australian National University. I
have been asked to find a reference to 'la condition de possibilite' in
Michel Foucault's work and have discovered that it is somewhere in his 'Les
Mots et les Choses'. Unfortunately, the book does not have an index and the
contents pages have not been helpful in locating where Foucault uses the
phrase. Does this ring a bell with you? It has been suggested that I write
to you.

I would be very grateful if anyone would write me a brief reply. Anything
at all that springs to mind about 'la condition de possibilite' would be a
great help.

Thank you,
Alexandra Nikolic