Gendered binaries

Hi,

This is a stupid question, but I can't see the wood for the tress with this
one right now.

I've been looking at enclosure and 'the commons', and have been noting in
analyses and scholarly discourse that the binary opposition is heavily
gendered, respectively masculine/feminine, active/passive,
threatening/threatened etc etc etc

I can identify where and how and maybe even why, but the obvious thing that
I can't think straight about right now, because my head has too much rubbish
in it, is why is this a problem? (I realise it is, but can't think about it
right) More specifically, what are the most obvious negative implications of
using heavily gendered binaries in our discourses, analyses, and practices?

It is a stupid question, but any help appreciated, especially in terms of
relevant texts or references.

All the best

Anthony