what about Foucault??

I feel this must be some kind of joke. The latest string of postings has
taken up the psychoanalytic theme (generously mixed with "ideology" and
"culture") which had been doggedly floated on the list by one member for
several months, but was politely ignored by the rest since IT HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH FOUCAULT.

There has not been even the slightest effort to link the discussion to
Foucault. It's not that psychoanalysis and the topic of ideology, etc.
should be out of bounds. But a discussion might want to consider why
Foucault himself eschewed these modes of analysis.

Otherwise, why post to the Foucault list at all? Why not post to a list
that specializes in "fantasy" or some such topic? I don't own this list,
so I can appeal to you only on the basis of a sense of fairness and web
ethics. Because it seems to me that the list is being spammed. If no one
wants to make the list about Foucault, or even to address Foucault in some
way, why not simply change the name of the list to something else like
"Ideology and Culture" or "Psychoanalysis and Fantasy".

At least then we could attract more members who are interested in free-form
speculation about myths, symbols, father figures, etc. on a civilizational
scale. Speaking of which, why not call it the Mircea Eliade list?