RE: Remarks on Marx

Both versions of the interview with Duccio Trombadori were heavily edited.
The original version of the interview contained a brief discussion of
Foucault's visit to Iran. Unfortunately, that whole discussion was edited
out. It is only available in manuscript form at the Foucault archives.

I am wondering if anyone has heard about a discussion that apparently
transpired between Antonio Negri and Foucault in Bologna in 1978. A student of
Michael Hardt informed me that Negri took extensive notes on this discussion,
but that the police burned these and other notes in a raid. A few months ago,
I asked James Miller about the discussion. He had never heard of it. I know
that Negri was slated to attend a conference on Foucault in Frankfurt last
year, but I do not know if he made it or what he may have said.

-Marcelo