Re: l'hermeneutique du sujet

At 7:30 +0000 11/3/04, Stuart Elden wrote:
>I found it by far the least
>interesting of the four lecture courses currently out, but that is not an
>opinion that would be shared by everyone here.

Stuart, as you already know!! I have to say I am the one of those who
don't share this opinion - although I really like your article on the
book. For me, it has been one of the *most* interesting books of
lectures so far. I prefer it to volumes 2 and 3 of The history of
Sexuality for example. I think there is a lot of spelling out and
logical working through of material that is perhaps abbreviated in
Foucault's other texts on the same subjects. Re the other lectures, I
didn't like 'Abnormal' at all - even if it was unfamiliar material
and am pleased that Foucault didn't pursue that line of enquiry.

I put up a few quotations from Hermeneutics on my site last year at
http://www.foucault.qut.edu.au/previous.html if you want to get a
flavour of some of it.
--
Clare