CFP:State&Pop Culture

CALL FOR PAPERS

?Cultural Production and the State?

Papers are currently being accepted for the National Popular Culture &
American Cultural Association?s Joint Conferences being held in San Diego
in March 2005.

This year a new Area has been developed entitled ?Cultural Production and
The State.? This Area has been created to explore the ways in which
cultural production reproduces and/or undermines the State.

This Area is currently seeking new and provocative papers that illustrate
the critical role popular culture assumes in constructing our collective
understandings of the political landscape(s) in which we live.

Abstracts are due November 1, and must be 150-250 words and should include
an outline of the presentation as well as any technical needs (DVD-ready
rooms are available).

WHAT: National Popular Culture/American Popular Cultural Association Joint
Conferences

WHEN: March 23-26, 2005

WHERE: San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina

For more information on this Area please contact Michelle Stewart at
mlstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
For more information on the conference and other Areas please visit:
http://www.h-net.org/~pcaaca.

Photos courtesy of: The National Archives and Records Administration.

ABSTRACTS DUE NOVEMBER 1, 2004.