Re: critique or criticism?

Xavier Delcourt wrote: core question

True.
So, since I posed the question, maybe I should start us of with a
"hypothesis" and see where it takes us.

Foucault's reference to forms of experience can, perhaps, be made more
intelligible if we counterpoised it to Kant's transcendental theory of
"structures of experience." For Kant, the a priori referred to the
(transcendental and universal) conditions of possibility independent of
experience (i.e. time and space) without which (empirical and subjective)
experience would not be possible. Foucault can be said to make the
Nietzschean move of rendering Kant's transcendental epistemology into a
critical-historical ontology; which is to say, into an
archaeologico-genealogy: that is, for Foucault, the a priori refers to
thoroughly historical conditions of possibility independent of experience
without which experience would not be possible: what we might call the
historical modes of ordering singular forms of experience, or, what Foucault
called the history of systems of thought or a critical history of thought.

Hmm...

Regards - Kevin