[Foucault-L] Introduction - Hania Siebenpfeiffer... and a question

Like any other new member I was asked to present myself briefly to the
unknown audience of Foucault-L-list. A few topics should do it, I hope:
I'm a Research Assistant and Lecturer at the Department of German Studies in
Münster/Germany specialized on literature and culture of the 20th as well as
the 17th and 18th-Century. My fields of interest include cultural semiotics,
discourse analysis, narratology and gender studies on one side,
law-and-literature, concepts of imagination, of visibility and of matter on
the other. I have been working on discourses of criminality in modern
literature and science (1900-1930) with focus on the gender specific
constructions of the criminal as ‘the unnatural other’ (first book). If I
had to, I would consider myself as a ‘foucaultian’ more than anything else,
but I rather prefer not to label myself to strongly, keeping an open eye on
various theoretical concepts. Nevertheless, I am very much interested in the
discussions about discourse theory/discourse analysis going on in ‘the world
’, and this list seems to me to be a good tool to get in touch with them.

Beside of presenting myself, I already have a favour to ask: I am looking
for concepts of ambiguity in Foucault’s writing. So far, I have found some
(especially in the Archaeology of Knowledge), but I am happy about every
additional hint. So, if any of you come across a reference on ambiguity
(whether in Foucault’s own texts or in others doesn’t matter), I would be
more than thankful.

With best regards, Hania Siebenpfeiffer

Dr. Hania Siebenpfeiffer, M.A.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Germanistisches Institut/ Abt. Neuere deutsche Literatur
Domplatz 20-22
D-48143 Münster
# +49 (0)251/ 83-24695
# +49 (0)251/ 83-25424
hania.siebenpfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.uni-muenster.de/DeutschePhilologie2/Siebenpfeiffer/start.htm

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Introduction - Hania Siebenpfeiffer... and a question
    • From: Bradley Nitins