Re: [Foucault-L] Disobedience, Thoreau and Foucault

You might want to read Leon Edel's criticism of Thoreau which make him
not to be so mythologized as he is in the pop literature.
Fore example:

Main Author: Edel, Leon, 1907-
Title: Henry D. Thoreau.
Publisher: Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press [1970]
Notes: Bibliography: p. 44-47.

Haven't read the following but it might be of added value:
Main Author: Edel, Leon, 1907-
Title: The mystery of Walden Pond : inaugural lecture, Citizens Chair in English, University of Hawaii, May 12, 1971 / Leon Edel.
Publisher: [Honolulu : University of Hawaii, 1971?]

-----------------
William J. King, PhD, MPH
University of Hawaii--Manoa
2565 The Mall, Keller 202
Honolulu, Hawaiian Islands, 96822
808 956 2403 (voice)
808 956 2412 ( fax )
bill@xxxxxxxxxx ( e-mail )
Actually:
21 degrees 17 minutes 56.2653 seconds North
157 degrees 48 minutes 57.8565 seconds West