Re: [Foucault-L] Introduction: Foucault, Spatiality, Power?

Its interesting in this connection to point out an
established convention in town planning and
architecture here in australia which provides for
survellience of the surrounding streets from
residential dwellings.

You might want to take a look at the lecture 'of other
spaces', presented to architect students, in which
foucault signals the emergence of the paradigm of
space in the space age. See also 'the production of
space' by Henry Lefebvre. See also Dan Graham's 'two
way mirror power' (one way mirrors provide a model for
asymetrical power relations set up and maintained by
optico-architectural devices). Generally, for literary
models of space which have come to define the
discourse on space you cant go beyond Aristotles
'Physic'.

http://etda.libraries.psu.edu/theses/approved/WorldWideIndex/ETD-1260/index.html