Re: [Foucault-L] Biopower and Colonialism

Hi, Everyone:

First I'd like to apologize to Steve Legg, who recommended an
article of his on biopower and geography:

Legg, S (2005) "Foucault's Population Geographies:
Classifications, Biopolitics and Governmental Spaces"
Population, Space and Place 11(3)137-156

I didn't read the article yet, but I do plan to over the
break. I wonder if anyone would enjoy an essay of mine on the
same subject from a postcolonial viewpoing. It's an attempt
to integrate Foucault's analysis of race with a history of
geography; I'd welcome any criticism.

Also, I'd like to see what other people have written about
biopower. My main interests involve the relationships between
aesthetic and biological knowledge during the 19th century.

O.K., write back,

Peter

Peter Winston Fettner

Intellectual Heritage Program
214 Anderson Hall
Office: 215A/213B Anderson Hall
Office Hours: Thursday, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
Phone: (215) 204-1770
Email: pfettner@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.temple.edu/ih/index.htm

Department of Philosophy