Re: [Foucault-L] introduction

Perhaps to put this topic to bed, I will offer a
definitive answer. I think this represents the
consensus of previous discussion:

Q. Where is the "agent" in Foucault.

A. He did not write or speak about that directly,
so far as we know. In the spirit of
his work, the answer would most likely be
that:

The "agent" is a term of disputed
meaning, used in the field of sociology.
It first appeared at a
particular point in history.

He might or might not have had more to say
about it than that, but that is probably
something he would have agreed to, minimally.
That would be the starting point for an
answer, "in Foucault".

-t

Folow-ups