Re: [Foucault-L] Edward Said and Michel Foucault

[Ps. I tried to send this to your individual e-mail (mehmet.kentel@xxxxxxxxx) in order not to encumber the list, but it was rejected; so here it is!]Hi Mehmet, I don't know if this will help, but this is an old paper I wrote on Said and Foucault, with a focus on the late interests of Said, post-Orientalism. You may not find anything helpful in there, but I am sending it anyway. Best, Fouad Kalouche > Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 01:39:39 +0200> From: mehmet.kentel@xxxxxxxxx> To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Foucault-L] said's orientalism, foucault's comments?> > Hi all,> > Working on Edward Said's Orientalism for a while, I am wondering if> Foucault had said anything about Said's work. The book, after all, was> published in 1978 and it got immediate response both from academic> circles and popular media. Being a work deeply based on Foucault's> analysis of discourse, I guess Orientalism must have had taken> attention of Foucault too in a six-years time. A brief search, though,> didn't come up with anything. Do you know any article or interview> where Foucault talks about Said?> > Regards,> > Mehmet Kentel> > Boğaziçi University> Department of Political Science & International Relations> Department of History> Undergrad.> > _______________________________________________> Foucault-L mailing list