[Foucault-L] Yes to the Order of Things!

Chetan,

May I answer by the tangent. Out of my own experience as a post-doctoral candidate, at any rate. Better even, by way of my own understanding -really very much inspired by Nietzsche and Foucault- of 'what to do with the tradition?'

While a neophyte, any prop to have access to a the intricacies of the 'founders of discursivity', to use Foucault's own word, goes. Once you start making some sense of that new discourse, all what has been said about the latter feels uneasy. This is because the founder of discursivity is helping you think by yourself, and you start applying the statements of the founder to your own reality....

What a superb threshold you have then reached: is this not 'Was Aufklaerung ist'.

Ruth Thomas-Pellicer

"After Nietzsche's devastating criticism of those 'last men' who 'invented happiness,' I may leave aside altogether the naïve optimism in which science -that is, the technique of mastering life which rests upon science- has been celebrated as the way to happiness. Who believes in this? -aside from a few big children in university chairs or editorial offices." -Max Weber

  • Re: [Foucault-L] Yes to the Order of Things!
    • From: Chetan Vemuri