Re: [Foucault-L] genealogy of power

If I was pressed to characterize his work on ethics as one ('an extension')
or the other ('entirely new'), I would be more inclined to treat it as an
extension of an ongoing genealogical project.
For clarification of how Foucault's work on ethical practice might be
situated with respect to his previous research, see The Politics of
Truth (2007,
MIT Press), specifically a lecture: "Subjectivity and Truth" (pp. 147-167).
I hope that's helpful.

Best,

-Nick