Re: [Foucault-L] what do you make of this

well basically his understanding of Foucault's notion of subjectification
(or really subjectivation as its written in the books) is flawed in that he
assumes it to mean that humans turn themselves into subjects of observation
and control.
He basically assumes that throughout the History of Sexuality volume 1,
there is a subtext of criticism of science.
He also views Foucault as essentially a social constructionist which is an
understandable yet rather mistaken (to me at least) characterization of his
work and project.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] what do you make of this
    • From: Thomas Lord