[Foucault-L] War, Genocide & Sacrifice: New Paper by Brian Crim

LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE NEWSLETTER

Dear Colleague,

Our publishing firm, LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE, is also the premier company
in the United States organizing book exhibits for scholarly and professional
conferences. Please see: http://libraryofsocialscience.com
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=26782509&msgid=383343&act=EFS6&c=
275855&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.libraryofsocialscience.com%2F> .
In addition to books, we publish papers through our highly acclaimed website
IDEOLOGIES OF WAR, GENOCIDE AND TERROR. Please see:
http://ideologiesofwar.com/papers.html
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=26782509&msgid=383343&act=EFS6&c=
275855&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ideologiesofwar.com%2Fpapers.htm
l> .

The IDEOLOGIES OF WAR, GENOCIDE AND TERROR website brings together the most
significant writings in the world on the sources and meanings of collective
forms of destruction and self-destruction. Our website currently includes
papers and book excerpts by the following authors: Mark Ayyash, Omer Bartov,
Glenn Bowman, Larry George, Beth Griech-Polelle, Roger Griffin, Chris
Hedges, Jeffrey Herf, Alexander Hinton, James W. Jones, David P. Levine,
Carolyn Marvin, David W. Ingle, Clark McCauley, Babak Rahimi, Elaine Scarry,
Ruth Stein, Steve Talbot and Mats Winters.

We are pleased to announce the publication of a new paper by Brian Crim,
Professor of History at Lynchburg College, entitled "We Ourselves Are the
War: Understanding the Relationship between the First World War and the
Holocaust." Please go to
http://ideologiesofwar.com/docs/crim_koenigsberg.html
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=26782509&msgid=383343&act=EFS6&c=
275855&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ideologiesofwar.com%2Fdocs%2Fcri
m_koenigsberg.html> to read the entire paper.

Brian studied at Rutgers University with Professor Omer Bartov, the first
scholar to propose a relationship between the mass-killing that occurred in
the First World War and the mass-killing that occurred during the Holocaust.
Professor Bartov's paper, "Industrial Killing: World War I, the Holocaust
and Representation" appears on our IDEOLOGIES OF WAR, GENOCIDE AND TERROR
website at: http://www.millersville.edu/~holo-con/bartov.html
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=26782509&msgid=383343&act=EFS6&c=
275855&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.millersville.edu%2F%257Eholo-con
%2Fbartov.html>

Brian's paper is the first in a series of publications that we will announce
on this Newsletter (that reaches over 50,000 prominent scholars throughout
the world in the fields of anthropology, sociology, history, linguistics and
psychology) and publish on our website. In the Fall of 2009, LIBRARY OF
SOCIAL SCIENCE will publish Brian's paper-along with others-as an edited
collection on the sources and meanings of societal forms of violence.

We hope you enjoy the paper and find it valuable. Please send your thoughts
and observations on this publication to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

With regards,

Orion Anderson
Editor-in-Chief
LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Brian Crim received a Ph.D. in modern European history
from Rutgers University. Between 2001 and 2005, Crim worked as an
intelligence analyst with the Department of Defense and Department of
Homeland Security. Crim's research revolves around war, political violence
and anti-Semitism. He has published articles in Film & History and the
Journal of Conflict Studies. Crim is currently developing a book on warfare
and the dynamics of German anti-Semitism.

This message was sent from Orion Anderson to
libraryofsocialscience@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. It was sent from: Orion Anderson, 9230
56th Ave, Suite 3E, Elmhurst, NY 11373. You can modify/update your
subscription via the link below.
<http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186> Email Marketing Software