Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and "human nature"

My original question was trying to counter the complaint that Foucault sees everything as a construction with no role for "human nature". From the responses so far and from my own reading, I would think that he is not so much interested in debating the actual reality of things such as mental illness, human behavior, etc, but rather show that how we perceive these phenomena is often dependent on cultural epistemological formations that are unique to certain time periods or arose over several time periods (Christianity, Greco-Roman thought, etc; crude examples).
Many dismiss Foucault for not looking at "simple human nature" for the cause as to why people act the way they do. A problematic claim but it exists and most people seem to take "human nature" to be a fundamental given.
The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature by Steven Pinker had this specific criticism of Foucault and other "postmoderns" such as Butler and Adorno (both radically different). Its been quite popular with many readers though.