Re: [Foucault-L] The Archive

Hello, I think Foucault means that it's not possible for us to describe our
present without an event that creates a difference and make us different
from what we are. Since the concept of énoncé is linked to a discursive
field (champ discursif), hence a period in history that is situated between
two events, locating it as there is something before and something after
it. The paradox is that whe have to make us different from what whe are to
talk of the present. That's the genealogical part of Foucault's analysis
during the 70's...

Best,
Jeffrey