Re: New To List

>the light of rationality could be bent by cultural and historical
interpretations - interpretations of the world and the place of humanity in
that world....Thus the logic of pure reason is countered by the logic of
practice.

Hagen,

I'm with you. Would you agree then, that what you mean by rationality
might, for the sake of clarity, best be communicated with some kind of
modifier such as abstract rationality, instrumental rationality,
transcendent rationality (pure, idealist ...) or the like?

While we're at it, we might as well take one more step past Schopenhauer to
Nietzsche--philosophical touchstone to Foucault and the other riders of the
postmodern apocalypse. No?

Jorge