Re: New To List

On Fri, 14 Jul 1995 Jorge.E.Pedraza@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >the light of rationality could be bent by cultural and
historical > interpretations - interpretations of the world and the place
of humanity in > that world....Thus the logic of pure reason is countered
by the logic of > practice.

> Hagen,
>
> I'm with you.

I'm afraid I'm not. You lost me here, Hagen. Could you (or
someone else who gets it) enlarge on this statement? (Beginning with "If
rationality is understood in this way, as a way of comprehending the
world, then it is not hard to see how subsequent thinkers could argue
that...) What in particular do you mean by "cultural and historical
interpretations?"

-Karen
kkolode