Re: What is Power?

Re: Power as intentional and non-subjective, see History of Sexuality, I
pp 92-6
Power is intentional to the extent that there are intentions imbedded
in power relations, e.g.,heterosexual or patriarchal intentions imbedded
in most if not all institutions in this country. It is non-subjective tot
the extent that there is no subject to which origin or responsibility
can be assigned for these intentions. The effects of our 'actions'
(conceived as broadly as possible) not only escape or intentions but
generate effects of power to which we can ascribe, or simply perceive,
intentions. Indeed, if F coherently argues that subjects are the effects
of power/knowledge relations then power relations must be non-subjective.