Eyes on Violence request

Eyes on Violence
----------------
There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.

Greetings,

I'm writing to ask for you help. An associate and I have
been invited to represent the organization of which we are
core group members, Eyes on Violence, to participate in a
violence-prevention project in Haiti. We have been invited
by a recently elected senator in Haiti, Jean Daniel, who is
also a member of this project.

Eyes on Violence promises to be among the most innovative
nonviolence work to date. The project attempts to develop a
highly responsive and advanced approach to our three main
goals of human rights monitoring, project facilitation and
violence prevention. We feel that our uniqueness lies in a
flexible integration of a wide range of analyses and
rubrics, ranging from standard literature and philosophy, to
participatory action research, polemology and communication
theory and facilitation.

Would you like to contribute to this project? Our current
need is to pay for travel expenses for myself and one other
member in the United States. We have, of course, the usual
needs of any beginning organization of covering various
expenses and financing initiatives in Haiti and in the
United States. We are currently applying for 501(c)3
nonprofit status for the US component of the project.

Our call for participation is enclosed with this mailing. If
you would like to participate via a financial contribution,
please bear in mind that we have not yet officially obtained
non-profit status, though we expect to shortly and expect
that our status will be retroactive to January of 1995. Upon
obtaining such status, we would gladly mail information to
this effect for your records.

If you would like to participate in the project at any
level, you are invited to exchange preliminary dialogue to
that end. We have a very wide range of possible projects, as
we have an open directive to facilitate other projects in
Haiti. Of particular interest is facilitating the legal
system in Haiti and raising important concerns pertaining to
the much discussed issue of justice in Haiti. We are also
interested in introducing Grameen bank style micro-credit,
and perhaps to develop a Grameen replication in conjunction
with the Grameen bank. Likewise, the project basis, as noted
above, uses a wide range of rubrics and researches and can
accomodate participation by a wide variety of expertise and
interests. Thus, if you have a particular interest and feel
ready to take some initiative, we could integrate your
possibilities into our plans.

As a financial contributor, you would be listed as "friend
of the project" on our contributors list. Please feel free
to contact me for more in formation.

Thank you for your help and consideration. Any and all
contributions will be used strictly for the work of Eyes on
Violence.

Regards,

Tom Blancato
Eyes on Violence
E-mail: tblancato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2359 W. Ingomar Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237-1625

Tom Blancato (US)
Senator Jean Daniel (HAITI)
Mongesly Clervil (US)
Myanthon Poisson (HAITI)

---
There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.

Tom Blancato
tblancato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Eyes on Violence (nonviolence and human rights monitoring in Haiti)
Thoughtaction Collective (reparative justice project)

---