Re: your mail

On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, Brendan Harkin wrote:
> We're going to be guarded. monitored, and searched all the days of our
> incarcerated lives.
>
> BJH

True. But, as Jameson points out, we live in an age (late Capitalism) in
which monitoring is so pervasive that the possibility of secrets is
impossible but also an age in which the information circulating in our
secrets and private lives is so banal (i.e. "always already" monitored
and controlled) that, much to the dismay of
the conspiratorial-minded, nobody is interested in them anyway.

///////ganesh/unfolding///////
||landis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|||