Re: Poststructuralism & Ethics

There seem to be four different strategies to defend the ethical impetus of
MF's poststructuralism:
1. Look what he has done! He was engaged in highly political
activities (fought for prisoners e.a.)
2. The kind of acting and reacting practiced by ps is different,
subversive, seemingly marginal ...
3. Prescriptive Ethics is dangerous in any fashion. MF didn't write
an "Ethica" and who says that he ought to? He analyses.
4. An "ethics of alterity" is implicitly intended by MF.

Now, what I'm interested in is this: Can we find any connection
between MF's deeds and his remark on the political will (Erik's
quote) on the one side and his theoretical, analytical work on the
other. Are there priciples of discourse analysis that lead to
priciples of forming a political will? I always thought that the
ontological implications of Foucaults analysis make it impossible to
have any principles, even the most general ones (equality, alterity
etc.). How can an ethics of alterity be derived from his works?

Dirk. Bahlo. Bochum.