humanising post humanism (was Re: In defence of humans)

>Thanks Diane Davis and Malgosia for your replies. Ta also to Bryan
>Palmer and Greg Coolidge who I think have made
>some very good points about the possibly flawed
>underlying world-views of post-humanists, and the tricky
>issue about applying all of this to some (pragmatic) attempt at
>social change: Bryan, I am in the same position as you. IMHO, the
>struggle is not helped by an increasingly alienated academic
>community and an increasingly ritualised academic discourse. I
>thought the "ultra-conservative" quotes made this point well...

They must of, mostly they have been avoided, while respondends have picked
over the more marginal and peripheral of my comments. Also, when in doubt,
use the obscurant pomo language, to problematize understanding.

It would be interesting to swap jobs for a while.

The latter.

Bryan Palmer
bpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Canberra - Australia's National Capital