Re: Re[2]: foucault and environmental policy

I know this is a Foucault discussion group, but I do think that this is a
misrepresentation of Rorty's position. In fact, his democratic pluralism
is an attempt to expand the signifier of `we' as widely as possible.
Hence the importance of literature and journalism in his work which he
sees as providing for the ability to see things from the perspective of
the `other'.

It also seems a little foolhardy to suggest that Rorty's position within
the academic hierarchy has everything to do with his academic claims. We
should not forget the privileged position Foucault acquired within the
French academy.

Kevin D. Haggerty - haggerty@xxxxxxxxxxxx
University of British Columbia, Dept. of Anthropology/Sociology