Re: Newbie to this newsgroup: Binkley's query.

Nick,

There might be some confusion here in the fact that "Realism" in an
International Politics context is different to "Realism" in a philosophical one.

>There isn't much of a connection between my saying, on the one hand, "I have a
>strong pro-Enlightenment streak," and, on the other, "Realism in foreign
policy is jsut
>a state of mind." I have the latter phrase in my signature text for no
reason other
>than I like it. I felt that I should include a phrase in my signature that
conveyed
>something about my personality, and improvised "Realism . . . " while
experimenting with
>this phrase and that phrase. I was haphazardly thinking of Francis
Fukuyama's ctitique
>of realism in *The End of History and the Last Man* as I typed it.
>
> nd.

>Nick Dronen, the Dolly Llama
>http://w3.servint.com/cognigen/f/fci.cgi?dr2864423
>Realism in foreign policy really is just a state of mind.

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth
SY23 3DA

  • Re: Newbie to this newsgroup: Binkley's query.
    • From: ANTOINE GOULEM