Re: Newbie to this newsgroup: Binkley's query.

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996 ccw94@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Nick,
>
> There might be some confusion here in the fact that "Realism" in an
> International Politics context is different to "Realism" in a philosophical one.
> ne
I have been trying to get my mind around the ways that realism operates
in various contexts. I am not so sure that they are so different. I
would really like to hear more about this. In particular, it seems to me
that the "meta-discussion" about realism versus whatever it is opposed
to is so strikingly similar in the context of international politics,
literary criticsm, and, say, philosophy of math.
Antoine Goulem