Realism, Foucault and IR / Reading The Order...

Hello everyone,

I feel tempted to respond at length to Seabrooke's posting, but I guess this
is the wrong list to do so. Anyone interested in Realism in and Foucault's
impact on international relations theory might want to take a look at Jim
George's "Discourses of Global Politics", Lynne Rienner, 1995(4?). I can
also recommend the IRTheory list. To subscribe, send a message to
irtheory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, with the text body being "subscribe irtheory
Yourfirstname Yourlastname", of course without the "s. Besides that, I think
I already posted what I am doing and where my interest in Foucault lies
quite a while ago on this list.

Another thing: The discussion on reading The Order of Things has slowed
down, and I have to confess that I am behind the schedule with my reading,
too. May I propose that we start again with the second chapter on Monday?
(So far, there have only been one or two contributions to that chapter, so I
guess that I am not the only one who is behind.)

Best,
Thomas

PLEASE NOTE:
There has been a restructuring of servers at the University of Mannheim.
Please use the address Thomas.Diez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for your reply.

Thomas Diez
Mannheim Centre for European Social Research
Mannheimer Zentrum fuer Europaeische Sozialforschung
Steubenstrasse
D-68131 Mannheim
Tel. ++49-(0)621-292-8465
Fax. ++49-(0)621-292-8435